Stratair took a unique approach to the design of the Viper, starting with a few simple questions:
- Can we make it faster? – Yes!
- Can we pre-fab more of the aircraft? – Yes!
- Can we leverage new FAI rules in our favor? – Yes!
- Can we accommodate more than 2KWs? – Sounds like fun!
- Can we break the sound barrier? – umm, seriously?
The results are in our favor! Consider this:
- Bottom Hinged Ailerons with Wipers
- Wipers on the Tail Too!
- Extended Nose for Larger Props (up to 15 in) !!
- Pre-installed CNC motor plate
- Extended, Extra Rigid Tail Boom
- Easily Removable Stab
- Larger fuse for more juice!
The wing is built around a carbon wrapped main spar, as well as rohacell, plus ribs were added for torsional strength. The fuse sports a primarily kevlar nose with just a couple of carefully placed carbon rovings for a 2.4Ghz friendly nose that can take a high output power plant.
The large fuse can take batteries up to 42mm tall, and 35mm wide. Motors up to 28mm will just drop right in there (you’ll want a 30mm spinner for the nose).
The reports are in. All the planning worked. The Viper is very fast, very quiet, and tracks like mad!
Are you ready for the next level?
Ultimate power / limited battery lifetime Motor, gearbox and ESC OK for that power but cooling is important MEGA 16/35/1 mit 5,2:1 KPG Transmission YGE 160 FAI 160Amp ESC RFM 16x17S Prop Rockamp 4S Lipo 2650 mAh 60 C Current: 240A = approx. 2,4KW Climbrate: approx. 80 m/s